About this free QR code generator
This simple and easy tool helps you create a QR code that, when scanned by a cell phone camera, will transfer whatever information you want to that cell phone. It is the best way to quickly share a web address, an email address, your contact info or any other text information you wish to share.
The QR code graphic is very versatile. You can add it to your poster, a brochure, a flyer, a banner and much more.
QR codes are very popular in many countries around the world and are getting more and more popular in the United Sates because of their practicality.
Play around with the QR code generator on this page and scan it with you phone. Once you decide what you want to share with your audience at your poster presentation, complete the form to receive a printable version.
How to share a URL, an email address or a line of text with a QR Code
1. Enter the website URL you want your QR code to point to, an email address to share or a short block of text.
When someone scans your code with their phone, they will automatically see what you want to share with them.
The URL should not be very extremely long or the code will not work. As a guide, if you can see the whole URL on your browser's window it will work fine when converted to a QR code.
If you want to share an email address simply enter it in the field.
You can also share a short line of text. For example, you can share your contact info and a short description of your project.
The QR code displayed on the screen is dynamic and changes as you type. You can confirm that the QR code works by scanning it on the screen with your phone. Most newer phones can read QR codes directly with their cameras or may require a QR code scanning app.
2. Enter your name and email address. A printable version of the QR code will automatically be send to that email address.
3. Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Click on the "Send me the QR code" button to receive a printable code graphic by email.
5. Once you receive our email simply drag the QR code image to your desktop to download it. You can add it to your poster as a picture. Make it between 3 and 6 inches for maximum ease of scanning.